Focus on generating value through reuse of a specific type of data – public sector information, sometimes also referred to as government data
- Significant potential for reuse in new products and services;
- Addressing societal challenges –discover new and innovative solutions;
- Achieving efficiency gains inside and between public administrations;
- Fostering participation of citizens and increasing transparency of government. Concrete measures:
- Non-legislative measures such as: economic studies, discussion in Member States’ expert group, thematic networks and stakeholder outreach activities;
- National/regional/sectoral Open Data Portals.